Banana cake is a favourite in our household….there always seems to be good intentions of eating the bananas….but they do seem to go ‘black’ quicker up here??!!
So I have adapted this ‘Merry Maker Sisters’ recipe to include more fruits, no eggs & no added sugar. Enjoy……I’m sure you & your family will love this in their lunch boxes!! 😉
- 3/4C Coconut oil
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3Tbsp ground Chia Seeds (I use a coffee grinder, but mortar & pestle should work)
- 2C Almond meal
- 2-3tsp cinnamon
- 3/4C chopped raw nuts, plus extra to top with
- 3/4C Blackberries/raspberries
- 8 soaked in water, chopped dates
- 1tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C, line a 20cmx10cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Soak ground chia seeds in 3Tbsp water for 5-8mins till gelatinous.
- In a large bowl mix almond meal, nuts, cinnamon & baking powder. Stir through until well combined dates, berries, bananas & chia seed gel.
- Transfer to prepared tin & sprinkle with extra nuts. Place in oven for 50mins, or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before turning out of tin, slice & serve.