Anxiety is something I commonly see in clinic…& it can affect people from from varying levels.
Symptoms of anxiety can be very unsettling. Your heart rate increases, your mind races & you can no longer think straight. Though everyone experiences anxiety a bit differently, there are some more common symptoms to look out for.
- racing heart;
- hot flushes, sweating & skin clamminess;
- rapid breathing; &/or
- frequent gastrointestinal upsets.
- feelings of excess worry, panic, fear or guilt;
- obsessive thinking & behaviours; &/or
- feeling generally tense and wound up.
Some Lifestyle tips for you to try:
- Connect with friends – keeping in touch with people maintains your support network;
- Exercise (ideally outdoors) – regular exercise has been shown to improve mood & reduce feelings of stress;
- Choose healthy foods – consume protein at each meal & avoid refined & sugary foods. This can help balance your blood sugar levels, reducing mood imbalances & lessening anxiety;
- Avoid caffeine – stimulants such as caffeine can exacerbate anxiety; &
- Breathe! – if you start to feel panicky or anxious, focus on taking some slow, purposeful, deep breaths, helping you return to a state of calm. Meditation can also help to quieten your mind & instill calm. I hope to bring a meditation class to the clinic soon. 🙂
If you can relate to any of the above, give me a call to see how I can help you. I may use Flower Essences, Herbs, nutrients &/or herbal teas. Each of us are individuals….so no two cases are the same. 🙂by