At my Opening Night earlier this month I served this delish dip….which took patrons by surprise – awesome colour & taste! Roasting the beetroot holds in the nutrients & beetroot is high in folate, calcium, magnesium & iron! You can add this to anyone’s lunch box….even the kids will love it 🙂
- 250g beetroot
- 1.5 Tblsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200 ºC
- Wrap the beetroot in foil & roast in oven 30-40mins, or until tender. Set aside to cool, then roughly chop.
- Place beetroot into food processor with all other ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Transfer & adjust seasoning & serve with veggie sticks. Stores in fridge for up to 5 days.