Insomnia is something that can hit us randomly when we have busy minds…or for some it can be a nightly occurrence.
There are many causes for insomnia…from various hormonal imbalances, stress, & stimulants such as alcohol, tea coffee, chocolate, & drugs may interfere with our sleep patterns too. As may late night meals, our restless sleeping partner or….shift work.
Now I can’t claim these Wish Balls will ‘cure’ your insomnia….though I’m sure they will enhance a still & mindful mind…& help to maintain some balance.
Nuts are a protein source to help maintain blood sugar levels plus rich in calcium & magnesium to support your nervous system; the dates are rich in tryptophan & iron…& of course the lavender is a well known herb to settle a restless mind & relax the nervous system.
I WISH YOU a restful sleep……
- 1/2C desiccated or shredded coconut, with extra for rolling in
- 1C Macadamia nuts (activated if possible – or LSA if no macadamia nuts available)
- 1C Cashews (activated if possible)
- 3Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4C Medjool dates (I like to soak mine first into water too)
- Pinch salt
- 1/tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 Vanilla pod, split & scraped (or pinch vanilla powder)
- 2-3tsp dried Lavender
- Pop all ingredients into a food processor & blend until well combined with a nice texture.
- Using a teaspoon of mixture, form into little balls with damp hands. (I like ‘Lindt ball’ size)
- Cover the base of a bowl with extra coconut & roll the balls in the coconut to coat.
- Pop the Wish Balls into the fridge on a plate for 20-30mins to firm up before enjoying at night….or anytime!
- The can be kept in the fridge for a week or so…leftovers can be frozen in a sealed container. Makes 12-16 balls.
Why not make a double batch & freeze them!!!
From “Food to Make You Glow” – Lola Berry