It’s a fact….we are all ageing every single day. It’s inevitable but we can slow down the ageing process with what we choose to eat, drink & do with our bodies.
Now this is not rocket science….it’s just clean, fun living.
- aim for 30mins light to moderate exercise most days…walking is great – just pick up the pace. Change routes as you become fitter, throwing in a hill or two. Do it with a friend or the dog!
- do some resistance training to aid bone health. Carry weights or use a back pack…even training in the pool to give a natural resistance is great….& cool!
- keep your mind active….you will keep producing new brain cells over time. Do a short course or workshop, read a non-fiction book, sudoku, crosswords, hey – even challenge yourself at the “Chaser”??!!
- stress affects every system in the body which can lead to serious health conditions. Take time to relax & have FUN!! Try getting a massage, yoga, soaking in tub with epsom salts & essential oils, watch a comedy movie with a friend, play with your pets, spend some time in nature or throw a frisbee in the park whilst finishing off with a picnic. The list really is endless.
- include protein rich foods to cut down appetite & give you extra energy, whilst cutting down on starchy carbs (breads, rice, pasta….only have small portions).
- enjoy a myriad of fruit & veggies…all colours of the rainbow ….daily. Choose low GI such as salad veggies & greens, limiting high carbs like potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots. Organic or spray-free is better….& always wash veggies.
- snack on nuts & seeds….& enjoy cold pressed oils such as olive & macadamia. Great for joint, heart, brain & hormonal health.
- drink about 2L water daily….more when exercising. Add lemon, mint or lime to mix up the flavours.
- avoid excessive alcohol, salt & sugar. Limit alcohol to 1-2 glasses & not every day. Try Himalayan Pink salt or Artisan Sea salt for the extra minerals.
- don’t stress about having the odd night off & having takeaway – just don’t do it every week….choose your healthiest option available when out with friends.
Check out this link for some great recipes:by