SPIRITember is going to be an amazing celebration for the month of September all around Australia, this year and every year!
“September is Spirituality & Holistic Health Awareness Month.” Educational/Practical/Real
Yes you read that correctly! Let’s do it!
The time is right and the time is now to bring all things spiritual into the spotlight.
AIM: Raise awareness and acceptance within the general public of spirituality and holistic health through providing events/celebrations around Australia showcasing professional and ethical practitioners during the month of September.
Awareness month starts 1st September 2017 with events/celebrations on consecutive weekends in September. Independent events listed on the website and SPIRITember events.
Northern Territory is on 24th September (Sunday) at Allora Gardens 10am until 5pm.
To provide education and information through real life examples of how spirituality and holistic health can be integrated into everyday life.
To showcase professional practitioners in their field and provide educational presentation/s perspective and workshops and trade displays.
To raise the awareness and acceptance of spirituality and holistic health and it’s concepts through education events\Celebrations\workshops\speakers in a real and everyday kind of way.
Love to see YOU there!!
Looking for a tasty midweek meal this week???
This vegetarian meal can be switched to replace the tofu with chicken/turkey/prawns if you prefer….& even the noodles can be of your choice…or even brown rice or quinoa if you’d prefer. Add any veggies in the fridge to pack them in there.
- 1/4C tamari
- 2-3 red chilies, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2cm ginger, finely grated
- 1Tbs honey
- 3Tbs lime juice
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 300g medium tofu
- 1/3C coconut oil
- 150g snowpeas, diagonally sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced
- 3 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- pkt rice noodles
- Combine tamari, honey, lime juice, chili, garlic, ginger & ring into jug & whisk together. Drain tofu, halve & cut into into 1.5cm thick slices.
- Heat 2Tbs oil in frypan over medium heat. Cook tofu for 2-3mins on each side or until golden. Pour half of the sauce mixture over tofu &simmer for 1-2mins, till sauce thickens.
- Prepare noodles as per packet. Heat remaining oil in wok. Add snowpeas, broccolini, capsicum & spring onions & stirfry for 1min. Add remaining sauce & cook for further 2mins.
- Stir through drained noodles with veggies until heated.
- Divide noodles & veggies into serving bowls. Top with tofu, coriander & sauce.
This time of year is great to enjoy soup….no matter where you are!!
It’s a great lunch to take to work or school in a thermos….or to enjoy for a nutritious, easy dinner. I’ve made mine in the slow cooker – but you can easily whip it up after work on the stove.
Jam packed with calcium, magnesium, potassium, folic acid, phosphorous, vitamin C & beta-carotene – it’s easy on digestion, detoxifying & great for circulation!!
- 2tsp oil (I like coconut)
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 3tsp red curry paste (modify for kids)
- 500g gold sweet potato, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 250g pumpkin, skin off & chopped
- 2tsp lemongrass paste (or fresh lemongrass to taste)
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2C coconut/almond milk (‘So Good’ one….or Soy milk if prefer)
- 1/2C coconut milk
- 1.5C water
- Coriander, chopped to serve
- Heat oil in slow-cooker set on ‘high’ (or large saucepan). Add in onion & cook until softens.
- Add in curry paste & cook for 1-2mins till aromatic.
- Add in sweet potato, pumpkin & lemongrass. Pour in 1.5C water & leave in slow-cooker till vegetables are tender (or bring to boil in saucepan, then reduce to simmer for 15-20mins).
- Add in salt, sugar & ‘milks’. Set aside to cool slightly. Blend or process soup in batches, until smooth.
- Return to pan & stir over low heat until heated through. Ladle into bowls & sprinkle the coriander on top. Enjoy!!
Ever since 1990 when Salt ‘n’ Pepa brought this song out, it seems it’s been a little easier to talk about sex – whether with our friends, siblings or partners.
Who went to the “I Love the 90’s” concert???!!
Check out the video below…..
Lets Talk About Sex Video (‘old school’)
Whilst I see many fertility couples…where sometimes intimacy can become just about ‘timing to make a baby’…it’s also a healthy part of your relationship.
It seems from recent research in the ‘Journal of Personality & Social Psychology’ there are generally two types of couples when it comes to intimacy satisfaction.
There are those who believe in ‘sexual destiny’ where once they find their soulmate, sexual satisfaction will just happen. Then there are those that believe in ‘sexual growth’ & work on their mutual satisfaction.
Both heterosexual & same-sex couples were interviewed, & it seems there’s a common 2-3 year ‘honeymoon’ phase where both ‘destiny’ & ‘growth’ believers have high sexual satisfaction.
However, as the relationship begins to ebb & flow, it seems the ‘growth’ couples have happier times. They are less stagnant in their relationship & talk about what they really like with each other.
So it seems…just like any type of relationship…we really just need to be honest with what we’re feeling to get the most out of it. 😉