Many people seem to be having a gluten intolerance these days – beyond ceoliac suffers. And actually….it’s been shown that some health concerns like hypo/hyperthyroid, arthritis, & even women endometriosis, fibroids or those who’ve suffered a number of miscarriages can benefit from eating mostly gluten free.
I came across this easy gluten free recipe you might like to try this weekend….top with your favourite sauce/pesto, protein & veggies….with a handful of your favourite cheese if you like.
I love making homemade pizza…..drizzle yoghurt over an Indian inspired topping….or keep it basic for the kids! This is definitely a great way to get those kids in the kitchen & eating fresh healthy food!!!
Gluten Free Pizza Dough – makes 8 mini pizzas
- 2C gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2C arrowroot
- 1/4C fine psyllium husk
- 1tsp salt
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 1/4C olive oil
- Sift flour & arrowroot together in large bowl. Stir in psyllium, yeast & 1tsp salt.
- Make a well in the centre & add 3/4C warm water & oil. Mix together until the dough starts to form, adding more water if necessary.
- Pre-heat oven to 220ºC. Place a pizza stone in oven to preheat if you have one. Place into a lightly greased bowl, turning to coat the surface with oil. Cover with plastic wrap & set aside on bench for 30mins until it doubles in size.
- Uncover dough & turn out onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 8 portions. Roll & press into shape onto baking paper till about 12cm. Brush lightly with oil & transfer to pizza stone/tray.
- Cook for 5mins. Spread with your favourite passata/sauce/pesto & top with your favourite toppings. Bake for 5-10mins or until golden & cheese is melted.