Sometimes you need to switch up the routine at home….or the kids finally get over those boring sandwiches. Here’s some new ideas you might want to try with your kids.
- Rice Paper Rolls – the kids can roll these up the night before….add a little dipping sauce…Yum!
- Veggies Sticks with Beetroot Hummus – kids love colour….what could be more colourful than this….& packed with fibre & nutrients, sooo simple too!
- Banana Chia Bread – packed full of protein & essential fatty acids….great for growing minds! Switch out the walnuts for sunflower or pumpkin seeds to make it nut free for school. Pour into mini muffin tray for a bite size delight 🙂
- Mini Corn Cobs – cook up corn cobs the night before, cut in half & add to the lunch box…..a tasty ‘nude’ eating edition!
- Mini Crustless Quiches – a dairy & gluten free recipe where you can grab anything from your fridge to put into these….
- Easy Nut Free Muesli Bars – made with ingredients that can be found in any kitchen….add what YOU or the KIDS like!!
- Tuna/Salmon in Lettuce Cups – choose a tin of tuna or salmon, add some iceberg lettuce leaves & grated carrot to sprinkle on top….yum!
- ANZAC Biscuits – a tasty treat that even the kids can help make. Don’t forget to remind them of the history of the ANZAC’s while you’re baking!
- Fruit Pops – make melon balls from honey dew, watermelon, & rock melon feed onto a skewer for a traffic light effect!
- Zucchini, Carrot & Tomato Frittata – make this for dinner….then the kids can enjoy it in their lunchboxes the next day!
- Bite Sized Turkey/Chicken Meatballs – cook these up & freeze in small ziplock bags…..ready to defrost overnight & serve with their favourite sauce. Gotta love ‘bite size’ food!
I’m sure your little…& big munchkins…will find something here to “tickle their taste buds”!!