Now…I was a little hesitant when I checked out these ingredients??!
But they were a HIT my house….& he still doesn’t know about the kidney beans…..he just wants me to make more!!!
They aren’t as gooey as the traditional….but still a great treat with a cup of herbal tea…hey – even breakie??!! LOL
- 2Tbsp chia seeds
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2C almond meal
- 3/4C cacoa powder
- 1/3C maple syrup or honey
- 1tsp vanilla paste
- 1 Tbsp tahini or almond butter
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line square baking tin with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4C warm water with chia seeds. Allow to sit for a bit to form a gel.
- Place chia seeds and remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour into cake tine and spread evenly with knife.
- Bake for about 45mins or until a skewer comes out clean in the middle.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares and serve.