Thyroid imbalances are one of the key hormone imbalances which I see regularly in my clinic…..particularly in women. Often your doctor will only do the TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) blood test & often reports back that all is in range & honky dory.
Just because your TSH is in range, doesn’t mean your thyroid is balanced & “A OK”. As a naturopath I like look furthter at the freeT3 & freeT4 results…& possibly various antibodies & reverse T3 to ensure all is good.
There are many symptoms of hyper/hypothyroid…here are a few listed below, but seeing a naturopath to help identify what is really going on is soo important. Many health concerns can look similar…that’s why we take a full history to put the pieces together:
- unexplained weight gain/loss
- heart palpitations, trembling
- shortness of breath
- sensitive to cold or heat
- muscle weakness or tenderness
- changes in bowel motions
- poor concentration & memory
- and the list goes on…….
There can be many drivers to throwing out thyroid hormone balance such as:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Increased cortisol due to stress
- Low carbohydrate &/or restrictive diet
- Autoimmune disease
- Acid-alkaline imbalance
- Exposure to toxins, heavy metals
- Some Medications ie beta blockers, chemotherapy, phenytoin (anti-seizure meds) etc
- Co-Infections often present ie Epstein-Barr Virus, Candida, Hepatitis C etc
Understanding your own circumstances & pathway is important in your healing & returning your body to ‘real balance’ to get you back on track quicker.
I use diet & lifestyle advice to suit your personal case…along with herbs & extra nutritional support where needed. Not all cases are the same & extra support may only be needed for a few months to get you into balance. It all depends on your own case.
If you’d like to get your thyroid under control & back to feeling like your ‘old self’. then give me a call on 0411 378 997 or BOOK NOWby