This time of year is a great time to take those first steps to move forward….with vigour!
To be free of frustration & repeated mistakes. Great for those struggling with addictions of any kind, including addictive behaviours. This Flower Essence is great to support healthy habits for your body, mind & spirit.
Within me certainty is awakening
my conviction comes within.
I will cast aside my old rags,
cut myself loose from the chains
and make the future my own.
If you’d like more information on Flower Essences….or a personalised appointment call me in 0411 378 997 to find out more.
I LOVE turmeric!!!
I have been using Golden Paste on my fur babies for about the last 3 years…..& they just enjoy it in their dinner each night. My Rotti “Jax”, had occasionally walked like she’s in a bit of pain in her back legs & I really wanted to nip it in the bud before she had real problems. So I started her on the Golden Paste daily…..along with fish oils to ease the inflammation & reduce any pain.
And I truly believe it works. Not only does it help with pain & inflammation….but turmeric also helps the immune system & supports the liver – plus is a fantastic antioxidant. Both of my pups coats are amazing….& they just keep going from strength to strength.
- 1/2C organic turmeric powder
- 1C water (extra if needed)
- 1/3C oil (try coconut, extra virgin olive, or flax/linseed oil)
- 2-3tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 10-20g organic Ceylon Cinnamon (optional to help reduce dogs urine smelling like “cat pee”)
- Bring the turmeric & water to a boil, then lower the heat & simmer until you have a thick paste. This should take about 7-10 minutes & you may need to add additional water along the way.
- Add the freshly ground pepper & oil at the end of cooking, when the turmeric & water mixture has cooled down to just warm. Add in the cinnamon if desired. Stir well to incorporate the oil & allow to cool.
The Golden Paste will keep for 2 weeks, refrigerated.
Freeze a portion if you think you have too much to use within two weeks. You can find small 1/4-1/2tsp molds to use for this if you prefer.
Add it to your pet’s dinner plate or your horse feed … run wild! You can even use for Golden Milk, Smoothies, stir into Yogurt, add to your dinner plate as a condiment… it’s just as good for you too!
Recipe from Doug English (Australian holistic vet & world leader in treating animals with turmeric powder) http://turmericlife.com.au/turmeric-recipes-golden-paste/
Looking for a tasty midweek meal this week???
This vegetarian meal can be switched to replace the tofu with chicken/turkey/prawns if you prefer….& even the noodles can be of your choice…or even brown rice or quinoa if you’d prefer. Add any veggies in the fridge to pack them in there.
- 1/4C tamari
- 2-3 red chilies, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2cm ginger, finely grated
- 1Tbs honey
- 3Tbs lime juice
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 300g medium tofu
- 1/3C coconut oil
- 150g snowpeas, diagonally sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced
- 3 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- pkt rice noodles
- Combine tamari, honey, lime juice, chili, garlic, ginger & ring into jug & whisk together. Drain tofu, halve & cut into into 1.5cm thick slices.
- Heat 2Tbs oil in frypan over medium heat. Cook tofu for 2-3mins on each side or until golden. Pour half of the sauce mixture over tofu &simmer for 1-2mins, till sauce thickens.
- Prepare noodles as per packet. Heat remaining oil in wok. Add snowpeas, broccolini, capsicum & spring onions & stirfry for 1min. Add remaining sauce & cook for further 2mins.
- Stir through drained noodles with veggies until heated.
- Divide noodles & veggies into serving bowls. Top with tofu, coriander & sauce.