Anxiety is something I commonly see in clinic…& it can affect people from from varying levels.
Symptoms of anxiety can be very unsettling. Your heart rate increases, your mind races & you can no longer think straight. Though everyone experiences anxiety a bit differently, there are some more common symptoms to look out for.
- racing heart;
- hot flushes, sweating & skin clamminess;
- rapid breathing; &/or
- frequent gastrointestinal upsets.
- feelings of excess worry, panic, fear or guilt;
- obsessive thinking & behaviours; &/or
- feeling generally tense and wound up.
Some Lifestyle tips for you to try:
- Connect with friends – keeping in touch with people maintains your support network;
- Exercise (ideally outdoors) – regular exercise has been shown to improve mood & reduce feelings of stress;
- Choose healthy foods – consume protein at each meal & avoid refined & sugary foods. This can help balance your blood sugar levels, reducing mood imbalances & lessening anxiety;
- Avoid caffeine – stimulants such as caffeine can exacerbate anxiety; &
- Breathe! – if you start to feel panicky or anxious, focus on taking some slow, purposeful, deep breaths, helping you return to a state of calm. Meditation can also help to quieten your mind & instill calm. I hope to bring a meditation class to the clinic soon. 🙂
If you can relate to any of the above, give me a call to see how I can help you. I may use Flower Essences, Herbs, nutrients &/or herbal teas. Each of us are individuals….so no two cases are the same. 🙂
Did you sign up for Activate this year???
Lucky you….You really have spent the best $40 on your health. 😉
Did you realise you’re also able to join Louise (nutritionist from Healthy Eating Australia) & myself at one of our three Healthy Eating Workshops for FREE!!!??
Please let me know if you’d like to join us at our workshops….as places are limited!!!
Saturday 13th May 10-12noon
Sunday 28th May 1-3pm
Saturday 10th June 10-12noon
All held at The Heights, Durack Community Centre.
Not only will I be encouraging you on my FB page to keep Activated….I also I will be letting you know how I’m going (since I’ve committed myself to 3-4 classes a week for the 8 weeks).
If you’d like to join us for Activate….you can still sign up today ~100 places left!!
I’ve had a few clients looking for yoga classes specifically for their children recently….it’s a great way for them to ‘slow down’ & reconnect to themselves. I’m looked around & their are a few listed below.
No personal experience of these classes or teachers….just the contacts for YOU to try for yourself!
Specific Mum’s & Bubs & Prenatal classes too!!
- Nic’s Yoga for Kids & Families – in Palmerston & Berry Springs….check it out online, even sport vouchers can be used.
- Kidsfit – offers family & kids exercise classes….Check it out & again – sport vouchers can be used!
- Darwin Yoga Space – special classes for kids….check it out!
Mum’s & Bubs & Prenatal:
- Agoy Yoga – in Woolner…check it out for both of these special classes!
- Nic’s Yoga for Kids & Families – in Palmerston & Berry Springs….check it out online.
- Darwin Yoga Space – special prenatal classes available….check it out!
- Child Birth Education Assoc. – has great priced prenatal yoga & mum’s & bubs exercise classes
Don’t forget…..yoga studios are capable to adapt for any ability & pregnancy….just let your instructor know!!
If you know of any others….please let me know!!
Oh….don’t forget the FREE Yoga every Wednesday night in Goyder Square 6-7pm 🙂
Plus….sign up for Activate TODAY.…plenty of classes for mum’s & bubs there to choose from too!!
The prevalence of low mood, anxiety & depression in our society is scary. I often see men & women with either of these concerns….with each being seen as an individual.
Breathing Exercises have been shown to shift moods….many psychologists uses these type of techniques. I would like to share with you some techniques which you may be able use yourself or share with loved ones.
We need a holistic approach to mental health. Certain herbs, foods & nutrients can also help to support their nervous system, balance hormones & moods…..as does exercise!
I also love to embrace how they are really feeling with using Flower Essences for these struggles too. Yes it can be an isolating ailment…looking within can help move forward. Using the Flower Essences individual meditation poems to enhance the essences is an important part this too.
Remember….simply asking someone R U OK? can be that turning point forward for someone you love.
Tips For Everyone from school kids to FIFO workers
Please….if someone you know is showing signs of suicide….please seek professional help.
Lifeline 13 11 14 for those in need.