This omelette is sooo easy & really healthy too!! Mix & match your fillings to whatever you like….I’m sure you’ll create a masterpiece! 😉
olive oil spray (or coconut oil)
2 green/spring onions, sliced
50g baby spinach
- tomato, chopped
- mushrooms, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or any herbs you love
sea salt & cracked black pepper
3 egg whites
Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray. Add green/spring onion, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes & dill, & cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Remove from pan & season with sea salt & cracked black pepper.
Lightly spray pan again with a little oil. In a bowl, whisk egg whites with electric beaters until soft peaks form.
Add egg whites to the pan & cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle spinach filling over half the omelette & cook for further 3 minutes or until the base is golden.
Carefully fold over omelette to enclose filling. Serve immediately.
Enjoy….even as a light dinner choice!!
Looking for a tasty midweek meal this week???
This vegetarian meal can be switched to replace the tofu with chicken/turkey/prawns if you prefer….& even the noodles can be of your choice…or even brown rice or quinoa if you’d prefer. Add any veggies in the fridge to pack them in there.
- 1/4C tamari
- 2-3 red chilies, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2cm ginger, finely grated
- 1Tbs honey
- 3Tbs lime juice
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 300g medium tofu
- 1/3C coconut oil
- 150g snowpeas, diagonally sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced
- 3 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- pkt rice noodles
- Combine tamari, honey, lime juice, chili, garlic, ginger & ring into jug & whisk together. Drain tofu, halve & cut into into 1.5cm thick slices.
- Heat 2Tbs oil in frypan over medium heat. Cook tofu for 2-3mins on each side or until golden. Pour half of the sauce mixture over tofu &simmer for 1-2mins, till sauce thickens.
- Prepare noodles as per packet. Heat remaining oil in wok. Add snowpeas, broccolini, capsicum & spring onions & stirfry for 1min. Add remaining sauce & cook for further 2mins.
- Stir through drained noodles with veggies until heated.
- Divide noodles & veggies into serving bowls. Top with tofu, coriander & sauce.
Did you sign up for Activate this year???
Lucky you….You really have spent the best $40 on your health. 😉
Did you realise you’re also able to join Louise (nutritionist from Healthy Eating Australia) & myself at one of our three Healthy Eating Workshops for FREE!!!??
Please let me know if you’d like to join us at our workshops….as places are limited!!!
Saturday 13th May 10-12noon
Sunday 28th May 1-3pm
Saturday 10th June 10-12noon
All held at The Heights, Durack Community Centre.
Not only will I be encouraging you on my FB page to keep Activated….I also I will be letting you know how I’m going (since I’ve committed myself to 3-4 classes a week for the 8 weeks).
If you’d like to join us for Activate….you can still sign up today ~100 places left!!
These went down well in our house too…NO MEAT – how did he survive??!!
I served leftovers up for breakie the next day….yum!!
- 2 large zucchini, grated then excess water squeezed out
- 200g Haloumi, grated
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- Corn kernels, cut of cob
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2C mint leaves chopped
- 1C plain flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, finely grated & juice
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Baby lettuce leaves
- Basil leaves
- Put zucchini, haloumi, carrot, corn, mint, spring onions, & lemon rind & juice into a large bowl.
- Sift in flour & baking powder. Season with salt & pepper.
- Crack in the eggs & stir to combine thoroughly.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Use 1/4C of mixture per fritter, mould with your hands. Flatten with spatula.
- Cook each fritter 3-4mins each side, or until golden & cooked through.
- Serve with tomato & greens – hot or cold!! 😉
Need something new to bring to the dinner table this summer???
These can be eaten warm or cold….with a fresh made avocado & tomato salsa & salad.
- 250g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/2C quinoa
- 1/2Tsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1tsp thyme
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- Coconut flour & oil
- Cook pumpkin in boiling water for 10mins or until cooked. Drain well then mash. Set aside.
- Place quinoa into saucepan & cook as per instructions. Add the oil & stir with fork to separate grains.
- Combine pumpkin, quinoa, carrot, feta, egg, turmeric & thyme.
- Form mixture into 10 small fritters, roll in a little coconut flour o lightly coat.
- Pour coconut oil in frying pan heated to medium heat.
- Cook fritters in 2 batches, until golden & cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with a fresh avocado & tomato salsa, & salad.
This was another hit at my Opening Night….everyone started trying the ‘safe’ orange juice (oranges, carrot, ginger, celery)….but ended up actually loving the beetroot juice!
To support your heart, detox the liver, build blood, aid digestion & is also rich in potassium, folate, iron, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium & iodine.
x4 kale leaves
2cm knob turmeric
This is an earthy juice…which tastes great….is packed with nutrients & has an amazing colour – get your boost of nutrition today!!