Most fruits contain ample natural sugars….so there really isn’t any reason to add sugar. A granita is effectively a sorbet – but without the added sugar. Sugar depletes the function of the immune system for up to five hours after consumption – so reducing your intake will give your body an automatic boost. Peaches are rich in vitamin C & beta-carotene & a great source of fibre.
- 4 ripe peaches, skinned, halved, stoned & sliced (or any fruits you like)
- 2Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 200ml water
- 3 star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries to garnish
- Heat the water in the saucepan until almost boiling, then turn off the heat.
- Soak the star anise & cinnamon in the water for an hour, then remove & discard the spices.
- Blend the peaches in a food processor with 2Tbsp of the water until smooth.
- Add lime juice & blend again.
- Place in plastic container & freeze until hard (4-5hrs).
- Take out of freezer & serve with berries.
Just what the Naturopath ordered in these steamy conditions this long weekend!!!by