Need something new to bring to the dinner table this summer???
These can be eaten warm or cold….with a fresh made avocado & tomato salsa & salad.
- 250g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/2C quinoa
- 1/2Tsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1tsp thyme
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- Coconut flour & oil
- Cook pumpkin in boiling water for 10mins or until cooked. Drain well then mash. Set aside.
- Place quinoa into saucepan & cook as per instructions. Add the oil & stir with fork to separate grains.
- Combine pumpkin, quinoa, carrot, feta, egg, turmeric & thyme.
- Form mixture into 10 small fritters, roll in a little coconut flour o lightly coat.
- Pour coconut oil in frying pan heated to medium heat.
- Cook fritters in 2 batches, until golden & cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with a fresh avocado & tomato salsa, & salad.