These went down well in our house too…NO MEAT – how did he survive??!!
I served leftovers up for breakie the next day….yum!!
- 2 large zucchini, grated then excess water squeezed out
- 200g Haloumi, grated
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- Corn kernels, cut of cob
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2C mint leaves chopped
- 1C plain flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, finely grated & juice
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Baby lettuce leaves
- Basil leaves
- Put zucchini, haloumi, carrot, corn, mint, spring onions, & lemon rind & juice into a large bowl.
- Sift in flour & baking powder. Season with salt & pepper.
- Crack in the eggs & stir to combine thoroughly.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Use 1/4C of mixture per fritter, mould with your hands. Flatten with spatula.
- Cook each fritter 3-4mins each side, or until golden & cooked through.
- Serve with tomato & greens – hot or cold!! 😉