Thought you’d never hear me say that right??!!
Well this is a hit with a difference…with only one shot of coffee in this whole mix, you get the coffee flavour without overdoing it. Best not to have these in the evening with your Dreamtime tea…but as a midmorning or lunchtime treat it would be fine. Protein & EFA packed, & full of nutrients like zinc, selenium, magnesium, manganese, iron, calcium & potassium – why not try these!
Coffee Bliss Balls
- 1C LSA meal or any nut meal you have on hand
- 1/4C slivered almonds or any raw nuts you have
- 2tsp chia seeds
- 1Tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shot espresso coffee, cooled
- 1tsp vanilla essence or paste
- 1/2C shredded coconut
- Put the nuts, meal, chia seeds & nut butter into food processor.
- In a small saucepan melt coconut oil with espresso coffee & vanilla over medium heat until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the food processor & blend until well combined.
- Have coconut in a small bowl. Use your hands to roll mixture into small balls about the size of Lindt chocs, then roll each ball in coconut.
- Place balls on a tray in fridge & allow to set for ~1hr. Store in fridge for up to a week…or you can also freeze them so they are ready whenever you need them!
Recipe from “Beach Fit” by Kim Beach