These went down well in our house too…NO MEAT – how did he survive??!!
I served leftovers up for breakie the next day….yum!!
- 2 large zucchini, grated then excess water squeezed out
- 200g Haloumi, grated
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- Corn kernels, cut of cob
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2C mint leaves chopped
- 1C plain flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, finely grated & juice
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Baby lettuce leaves
- Basil leaves
- Put zucchini, haloumi, carrot, corn, mint, spring onions, & lemon rind & juice into a large bowl.
- Sift in flour & baking powder. Season with salt & pepper.
- Crack in the eggs & stir to combine thoroughly.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Use 1/4C of mixture per fritter, mould with your hands. Flatten with spatula.
- Cook each fritter 3-4mins each side, or until golden & cooked through.
- Serve with tomato & greens – hot or cold!! 😉
This was another hit at my Opening Night….everyone started trying the ‘safe’ orange juice (oranges, carrot, ginger, celery)….but ended up actually loving the beetroot juice!
To support your heart, detox the liver, build blood, aid digestion & is also rich in potassium, folate, iron, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium & iodine.
x4 kale leaves
2cm knob turmeric
This is an earthy juice…which tastes great….is packed with nutrients & has an amazing colour – get your boost of nutrition today!!
With lots of Christmas parties & New Years Eve around the corner….why not throw together this refreshing mocktail to mix it up a little??!! I think this will be on the cards to “pace ourselves” this festive season….I hope you enjoy!!
Happy New Year!!!
Watermelon Berry Crush
- 500g (3 cups) watermelon, cubed
- 1 punnet strawberries, stems removed
- juice of 1 lime
- 16 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- Blend everything together in a high speed blender.
- Garnish with a lime wedge & a sprig of mint.
This recipes is from: http://www.embracinghealthblog.com/2015/12/21/delicious-christmas-recipes/
So….you do they hard yards for a couple of months – counting calories, over-committing at the gym, starving yourself on lettuce leaves….then “life” gets in the way & you feel defeated??! The key is consistency & also something that is easy to do…so it becomes a way of everyday life.
Try these simple tips:
- Drink 2-4 litres water daily (depending on exercise & weather).
- Eat “real whole foods” – avoid processed foods, & ensure you have lean protein sources with each meal.
- Have 5 serves veggies & 2 serves fruit a day.
- Don’t eliminate whole macronutrients such as carbohydrates – they aren’t the devil??! When you’re training harder, increase the carbs…..if you don’t train, have less & ensure they are wholegrain, low GI.
- Increase your fibre to 25-30g per day – aids elimination of waste, provides source of food for gut probiotics.
- Avoid drinking excess calories – cut soft drinks, coffee/tea with sugar, & limit alcohol. Enjoy a glass of wine if you’re out – just don’t drink the whole bottle!!
- Commit to an exercise routine you enjoy….if team sports are more your thing then get out there & mix it up on the court with some friends….though if you prefer to do the one-on-one sessions, find a great personal trainer to push you to your limits.
- Be realistic with your training session…..don’t say you’re going to do 5 sessions a week & feel like a failure if you don’t get there. Do 1 extra session than you normally do & build up from there.
Make it part of your lifestyle…then your health will truly benefit!
Kristy & Dee from 3 Wishes present:
“Tea on the Deck” – Shredding the Weight Loss Mystery
Tuesday 29th September 2015
Book on link below NOW!!!
Be quick….only a few places available!
Certified organic herbal teas & nibbles provided.
See you “On the Deck” within I AM Hair & Spa on Woodlake Blvd Durack
So…most people know juicing fruits & veggies is a great way to add more absorb-able nutrients we need daily. But did you realise that a ‘slow cold press’ juicer causes less damage to the enzymes & extracts more juice than its high speed counterpart – so MORE quality juice from your produce. Full of antioxidants to remove those nasty free radicals & you’ll be full of ENERGY in no time!!
Power Pack– rich in Vit C, E & A, folic acid, potassium, & carotenoids
- 2 apples
- 2 Kiwi fruit
- 2 pears
- 1 celery stick with leaves
Beet Treat – Super charged with Vit A,C & E, B6 folic acid, iron, calcium, & magnesium & potassium
- 2 carrots
- 2 apples
- 1 small beetroot
Ginger Up – rich in Vit A, C & E, & improves circulation & digestion
- small piece ginger
- 1/4 watermelon
Don’t forget to check out my Facebook page for more great recipes!!